Facebook      

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
05-08-2008 Proposed Changes

I like the first one, but game leader exp bonus? I smell big competition and spending's.
-xTechno

i'm just curious to know why there would be a movement back to the old style. it's obvious you guys put a lot of effort into new changes and improvements always working on the game month-to-month. why erase all the years of updates and things to go back to square one? this month might have not been the most successful in changes but it seems like the game might be heading in the right direction. i think changes should be made after this month but not to drastically as i think the game is heading in the right direction.

and i noticed that the main reason why the changes were made for this session was to allow new players to get into the flow of things. (correct me if i'm wrong) with the new changes of course you will like to promote big spending but i know if the advantages are too great per spending such as credits to just spam racing and all. myself being a college student with limited funds, won't be able to pump that sort of money and keep up making the game fairly unattractive and pointless to play. i think the community might dwindle if such an advantage is implemented. other then that, that's all i got for now.

- tom
[COLOR="Blue"]. . . [/COLOR]Corona_Xtra [COLOR="Blue"]. . .[/COLOR]

. . . Bow in the presence of Greatness . . .

. . . Brandon Roy - Legend in the making . . .

take the limit off of HIn. its so much fun being at 50k and hitting someone at 30bil.

agree with teet..bring back HI to no limit..it will make the games fun...Sad
You will never be what we once were....

http://www.midnitechallenge.com/tag/48813.png

Corona_Xtra Wrote:i'm just curious to know why there would be a movement back to the old style.

The biggest reason, and also our biggest concern, is the fact that it is very difficult at this time to find players who will accept a race challenge. We found that is a major deterrent for the n00bies (as well as the current players), as it becomes extremely frustrating.

It was massively fun back in the early versions when races were super easy and ultimately ultra common since every race was completed since there was no option to decline.

After all, this *IS* a racing game and racing should be the primary objective.

admin Wrote:The biggest reason, and also our biggest concern, is the fact that it is very difficult at this time to find players who will accept a race challenge. We found that is a major deterrent for the n00bies (as well as the current players), as it becomes extremely frustrating.

It was massively fun back in the early versions when races were super easy and ultimately ultra common since every race was completed since there was no option to decline.

After all, this *IS* a racing game and racing should be the primary objective.

If that is the case...why not just change someway the races are accepted...i think this session was tougher than last session but i also believe its going in the right direction...point one i SEE FAR LESS MULTIS running this session....that i think is important in itself!...only thing i see you might need to change is how the race happens...also there are ppl that you get like .5% off a race and ppl that give you 1% off a race...how are you so sure that ppl will not spam the 1% person all day long?..i liked the one idea you threw out there once...where if you are the one being challenged you will not get a loss...i think that alone will make ppl accept races since you will not gain a loss but gain exp?

Corona_Xtra Wrote:i'm just curious to know why there would be a movement back to the old style. it's obvious you guys put a lot of effort into new changes and improvements always working on the game month-to-month. why erase all the years of updates and things to go back to square one? this month might have not been the most successful in changes but it seems like the game might be heading in the right direction. i think changes should be made after this month but not to drastically as i think the game is heading in the right direction.

and i noticed that the main reason why the changes were made for this session was to allow new players to get into the flow of things. (correct me if i'm wrong) with the new changes of course you will like to promote big spending but i know if the advantages are too great per spending such as credits to just spam racing and all. myself being a college student with limited funds, won't be able to pump that sort of money and keep up making the game fairly unattractive and pointless to play. i think the community might dwindle if such an advantage is implemented. other then that, that's all i got for now.

- tom

If you were around for version 1 then you would be all for it.
I LOVE the new changes.
Bring back Gold Game to? Smile
Poop.

great changes like poonkla said
Contract_Killers

Hitman666 Wrote:great changes like poonkla said

project is poonkla? didnt have a clue.

i agree. it was more fun back then. including no limit on HIs!

I think these are about the worst ideas possible.

1) The EXP bonus for a leader, basically just means you're choosing money over game play. People will spend like crazy, and those that can't won't even bother playing. (If you call it anything besides that, you're not telling the truth.)

2) Automatically accept races, and no waiting period is still encouraging credits to be bought, and punishes those that play for fun. If you want to gain EXP you have to be able to spend to get in first, spend to stay in first, and spend to send out as many race as you can, so you can continue to keep your level high enough to spend to stay in first place. Funny how you chose that route, instead of actually trying to make the game more fun.

You should put a limit on how many you can race an hour, higher how much you make by working, take the HI limit off so people that don't spend can still catch up to those that do. You should also focus more on make the game more fun for the noobies, instead of chasing them away cause they won't spend on a game they've played for 10 days.

Also, if you say I didn't play Rev 1. I did. If you say I can't spend so I'm whining, I can.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Theres been many changes proposed today Dyna 26 5,366 01-03-2009, 05:50 PM
Last Post: ILUV2EXLR8
  05-31-2008 New Suggestion Admin 12 3,012 06-05-2008, 08:37 AM
Last Post: crazyfrog555
  05-25-2008 Experience Problem Admin 2 1,421 05-26-2008, 01:06 AM
Last Post: TheJMan

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon