Facebook      

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAVE THE GAS

http://www.motherjones.com/news/feature/...ilers.html
Video/Audio embedding in signatures is disabled. To enter the URL as link, please use the "amoff" MyCode. [amoff]URL[/amoff]

the better way to do this is boycott a certain supplier. If Shell doesn't sell any gas for 3 days straight they will drop their prices. This will in turn cause others to drop their prices. :roll:

NOOOOOOOOOOO! The only two ways to make gas prices go down is to reduce the demand or increase the supply. In the long run. Short run demand decrease = nothing except lost profits for a day. And like someone said, they will just make it back the next day. And it has to be on a national scale. Global would be better, because then the oil companies couldn't just move where their supply goes. Seriously, I failed economics, this is not hard. If you dont buy gas one day, what happens? You are going to have to buy it the next day anyway. Not buying gas on one day does not reduce the demand. Carpooling, buying more efficient vehicles, driving conservatively, walking when you can, etc. these are the things that will make demand and thus prices go down.

If we don't use it, India and China will snap it up, thus causing another increase that will not likely go down for awhile, if ever.
Video/Audio embedding in signatures is disabled. To enter the URL as link, please use the "amoff" MyCode. [amoff]URL[/amoff]

Hence why I said the demand needs to drop on a global scale...

Quote: Carpooling, buying more efficient vehicles, driving conservatively, walking when you can, etc. these are the things that will make demand and thus prices go down.

The problem with carpooling would be the inconvienience towards the driver having to get to work late if he/she doesn't work at the same company as you.

Buying more "fuel efficient vehicles" raises yet another problem with the prices attached. IE: a standard Nissan Pulsar will set you back 16k over here, then there is all the on road costs, the GST, insurance, ect... which will blow the costs out to about 22k.

As for driving conservatively, I own a Holden Commodore stock car that I run on pure methonol because it not only burns hotter, but it burns cleaner. And it isn't much more expensive for 20 litres of methonol than it is for the same ammount of fuel.
Fair eoungh it is against the law in most states and territories to run a vehicle on methonol on public roads due to the power increase's and various other reasons, but Occasionally I will even run my work ute on it aswell, because it cleans the carbies and the valves out.
A deisel motor can run on used cooking oil, and gets virtually the same mileage as standard deisel on less than half the costs.

In conclusion, there are alot of fuel/oil bi-products that can be used as every day fuel as an altenative. All you need to do is be resourcefull.

Peace out

...:::CRYPTOKILLER:::...
You use to write like a normal person and now youre enrolled in the mecca_boy school of blatant keyboard abuse.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon