SAVE THE GAS

NO GAS...On May 15th 2007
>
> Don't pump gas on MAY 15th
>
> In April 1997, there was a "gas out" conducted nationwide in
protest
>
> of gas prices. Gasoline prices dropped 30 cents a gallon overnight.
>
>
> On May 15th 2007, all internet users are to not go to a gas
station
>
> in protest of high gas prices. Gas is now over $3.00 a gallon in most
> places.
>
>
> There are 73,000,000+ American members currently on the internet
>
> network, and the average car takes about 30 to 50 dollars to fill up.
>
>
> If all users did not go to the pump on the 15th, it would take
>
> $2,292,000,000.00 (that's almost 3 BILLION) out of the oil companies
> pockets for just one day, so please do not go to the gas station on
May
> 15th and lets try to put a dent in the Middle Eastern oil industry for
> at least one day.
>
>
> If you agree (which I cant see why you wouldn't) resend this to
all
>
> your contact list. With it saying, ''Don't pump gas on May 15th"
Always ready for a new challenge.

:duel:

Gotta advertise this more.. cuz gas is rediulous.. Sad
Really Tho.. This Thing Your Reading Is Just My Sig..

> $2,292,000,000.00 (that's almost 3 BILLION) out of the oil companies
> pockets for just one day, so please do not go to the gas station on
May 15th

Then if twice as many people pumped gas on may 16th the oil companys will get their 3 bill back and some......
[Image: gi-joe-swords-logo-lg.gif]

It wouldnt work.....been tried before but what happens with the next day everybody goes and buys gas, it just wouldnt work. People need to stop bitching in america, cause in europe they pay over $8 a gallon

lesse. I should be filling my civic up this weekend, I filled the chevelle up last weekend. If I'm lucky, I'll need gas by memorial day weekend with me combining driving tasks between both cars(work, grocery store, etc)

civic = ~28 mpg with an 11.9 gallon tank usually only put like 8~9 gallons into it to fill it up
chevelle = ~13mpg with a 20 gallon tank that usually gets filled up at half because my gas gauge is screwy on it.
Video/Audio embedding in signatures is disabled. To enter the URL as link, please use the "amoff" MyCode. [amoff]URL[/amoff]

Here in Australia we use litres instead of gallons, now I'm not exactly up-to-date with the old mesurements, but if I recall, a gallon is 4.1 litres, so on that average, at $1.25 per litre, we are paying $5.02 per gallon, so how do you think we feel.
Furthermore, just refusing to by fuel wouldn't work, as has been stated.
What would work however, is if everyone took public transport instead of driing for that day.
Yes it would cause mayhem, and most people would get to work later than usual, but in stating why everyone was taking public transport, it would hit the media, if it is organised right and protested by eoungh people, which in turn would get the attension of the fuel distributors/oil suppliers..

Anyway, thats just my opinion.
Peace Out
...:::CRYPTOKILLER:::...
You use to write like a normal person and now youre enrolled in the mecca_boy school of blatant keyboard abuse.

I went out wit some friends last nite.. and when i stopd to get some gas they were outta regular i was like Confusedhock: .. it aint matter 2 me cuz i put in Supreme because of the supercharger on my Pontiac but it was funny 2 hear the people bitch and moan about there not being any regular..
Really Tho.. This Thing Your Reading Is Just My Sig..

Dannyboy1 Wrote:What would work however, is if everyone took public transport instead of driing for that day.

That wouldn't work in the majority of the US. America has this nasty thing called "suburban sprawl".
Video/Audio embedding in signatures is disabled. To enter the URL as link, please use the "amoff" MyCode. [amoff]URL[/amoff]

bscar Wrote:
Dannyboy1 Wrote:What would work however, is if everyone took public transport instead of driing for that day.

That wouldn't work in the majority of the US. America has this nasty thing called "suburban sprawl".

Yea, well since I went up to Seattle for the Mariner's Game, I had to buy gas on my way home. I wasn't even caring about this gay ass boycott thing, but I didn't think I would actually have to fill up today, but oh well. Sorry for letting all of those, who tried to make an impact, down. :roll:
Don't Fuckin' Worry 'Bout It..

Kinda related:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/AUTOS/05/17/lexu...index.html

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon