Facebook      

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
300 GB HDV

[Image: HDV.jpg]
[Image: HVD1.jpg]

-----
This year Maxell is coming out with a holographic disk otherwise known as "Holographic Versatile Disc". Maxell claims that these HDV's can hold up to 300 gb of memory.Drive's transfer rate will be 20 MB/sec, which will mean burning a disc will take as little as 4 hours, but if we think of lead-in and all other sort of stuff, we could well be looking at 5 long hours. They say that technology is capable of 1.6 TB at transfer rate of 120 MB/sec. Its supposedly going to be at an affordable price for consumers.
The second picture is what an HDV is supposed to look like, its a new technology.
-----

y do companies make products with an upside and a downside, year after year? i mean, can't they just wait till they've fixed the downsides and THEN release the product? :roll:
i AM...
[Image: american_05.jpg]

How does "Holographic Versatile Disc" abreviate to HDV?

*points to picture..

ughh..

*edit*
for teh dumbasses..
the picture says 'hvd'
[Image: steamby4.th.gif]

well, they both say different, but the second 1 which has an actual "logo" like....[Image: 128950-180465.jpg]. so i'm guessing that they did abbreviate it correctly and that the stuff zura wrote or pasted was typo'd..... but who cares, honestly?
i AM...
[Image: american_05.jpg]

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon