Facebook      

Poll: Should the way Top Crew is decided be changed?
Yeah it's fine, always been this way why change it?
Top Crew is currently about who can make the most helper crews and has nothing to do with who is actually the best, change it.
Who cares, stop rocking the boat.
[Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Been there done that, gonna do it again.

calder im sorry, but most of the time i dont understand what you post :oops:

Quote:And if Dynasty still won because they were better at cms, and had better higher level racers and worked better...... That is my point EXACTLY Then they deserve the win, because they were the best, not because they planned better. If you don't enter the tournaments you don't get any crew status so why have a crew at all. See where I am going with this Wink
[/quote]

Dynasty would only need 1 crew win to be on the boards and that all they would need. No one is going to stop a vet crew from owning the CM's. If you mess up just a little bit, you will lose CMs and it will cost your team. About the crew winning thing, do you think there will be a crew who will be owning everyone in crew races? That is not likely so you won't see much competion. You may see the brackets get filled by multi's but I dont think there will be "real" crews. Most of the vets are either to lazy to put some competion in top crews. There are not many out there on the level to be with top teams that haven't been. Most of the vets in this game do theiving. A noob crew isn't just going to come out and win it because they have a equal chance. It takes a good amount of time to learn how to keep CM's. The only thing in MC I can think of right now that everyone has a equal chance of winning is winning the whole game. Stealing in every part requires you to play the game for a couple of sessions to be #1 in the boards except recruiting. This one should be no different and it seems thats the way top crew is right now. To me, there aren't enough people who play right now that can put competion. Less than 50 players that still play...

Anyways, I would like to see your idea come into effect so it would prove that the vets would still own like how they are right now....

Thats my opinion on the matter.
All I need is One Mic.

yeah I tend to ramble sorry for that.

Ok this is the way I envision solving the problem and how it will help.

Current top crew is decided by cbr and ratio right? You can artificially inflate both by ONLY racing helper crews. Your cbr goes up because of both the wins, and the increased sponsorship rating meaning that the cms you have make you more per credit worked. So a crew that gets lots of wins from helpers will win over a crew that does not even if they have EXACTLY the same number of cms for the following reasons:

More cbr won in crew battles
More cbr made from those cms because they have a higher sponsorship ratio.
The rating in the Top Crew is based on their win/loss and their cbr, so not taking any losses obviously impacts your standing in the top ten.

Solution.

Have crew tournaments. You do NOT send crew challenges to other crews. You go to the crew battle page and enter your crew in the tournament for that hour.

The crews that enter are broken down into 8 crew chunks by the server and set up in a ladder style tournament. If 8 crews are not entered for the hour then some of the crews get a bye to the second round randomly I guess would be the fairest way to do that.

The crews then run through the tournament much like the NIRAs in TS and real drag racing, with the payoff for winning each round being in cbr rather than points. The winner of the tournament itself would get the most obviously.

This handles the problem effectively because you can no longer pick and choose your wins. You MUST actually tune your crew car and you MUST actually race whoever you happen to come up against.

The best part of this set up is the advantage now goes to the crew that is actually the best. The ones that know how to get and keep cms, the ones that race hard and up their levels will win. There isn't anyway that anyone OTHER than the best crew could win. The only change that would have to be made is the number of races a crew ran would need to be added to the equation I think, so that you couldn't win a few early and ride that success all session.

lol JDM I was typing as you were, my last line solves the one win situation. Smile

you only get 25k for winning a crew race, that is nothing..and for having high sponsor ship, that only matters if you have a couple of hundred crew wins, even then it doesnt help you much. look at this session, there were 2 crew going for top crew, the second place crew didnt lose because they didnt have as many crew wins as dynasty, but they lost cuz they couldnt keep their cm's, and that Dyna spent too much. But in all, CM"S is the most important thing in determinging who wins top crew. and for your idea on tournaments...they FIRST need to fix it that you can ACTUALLY supe up your car and have a FRICKEN AUTO CLINIC BUTTON?

second place has helpers too. the rest don't and don't tell me that some of the crews up there don't know what they are doing.

Current members of TRUE_LEGENDS_OF_MC:
Driver name Net Worth Import Models
PUSSY_ $218,799,652 0
SS_Vegito $186,716,041 182
modogg85 $179,606,858 551
S__K__O__G__E__Y $204,321,189 1,847
R_A_C_H_A_E_L x1 $204,641,688 425
BleuChef x1 $368,621 161
CubRunner $205,036,815 426
Rakim_Dream $199,736,560 218
Mr_BeX $281,534,842 0
hot x1 $281,983,503 0
vtec_666 x2 $262,534,785 937
TheRock77041 $224,609,295 199
red_teggy $258,989,578 1,457
Boostered $90,649,453 177
T___E___E___T $241,941,035 2

nuff said on whether it is ability or helpers that determine the outcome of top crew.

It still wouldn't make a difference in who wins to me. I dont know if he realizes that CMS>>>>>>Crew wins...Crew wins will help you win but if your a good crew, you will have the wins on as well if you have the CM's....is there more than one crew who can do that? It doesnt seem so cause dynasty has blowed out everyone. If a crew cant even compete in CMs with dynasty or Blunt's crew this round, what makes you think doing this idea will? A crew has to learn how to keep CM's. If there were crews that can compete in CMS with a crew like dynasty, I'd agree with you 100% on this idea but there ISNT.
An example is NSX vs Poonklan, they had more wins than us that round but we still managed to win because we could keep CM's longer than they could. You have to understand that CM's is more important than crew wins.
All I need is One Mic.

waiiit, why did u post that crews members?

calder12 Wrote:second place has helpers too. the rest don't and don't tell me that some of the crews up there don't know what they are doing.

Current members of TRUE_LEGENDS_OF_MC:
Driver name Net Worth Import Models
PUSSY_ $218,799,652 0
SS_Vegito $186,716,041 182
modogg85 $179,606,858 551
S__K__O__G__E__Y $204,321,189 1,847
R_A_C_H_A_E_L x1 $204,641,688 425
BleuChef x1 $368,621 161
CubRunner $205,036,815 426
Rakim_Dream $199,736,560 218
Mr_BeX $281,534,842 0
hot x1 $281,983,503 0
vtec_666 x2 $262,534,785 937
TheRock77041 $224,609,295 199
red_teggy $258,989,578 1,457
Boostered $90,649,453 177
T___E___E___T $241,941,035 2

nuff said on whether it is ability or helpers that determine the outcome of top crew.

Tell me who actually is trying in that crew.

More than half of those players are retired.

Im sure they could be competion if they are going to race and keep a good ratio for one session but most of them are theives (they have been racers before) and I know some of them and they dont have the time. You can have 20 cms and work everyday and have more than 4 Million CBR. That wasn't a good point since i can gurantee none of them are playing for top crew.
All I need is One Mic.

yeah but the point is jdm that then the crew that IS the best will win, without the artificial inflation on their cbr

Quote: there were 2 crew going for top crew, the second place crew didnt lose because they didnt have as many crew wins as dynasty, but they lost cuz they couldnt keep their cm's

I posted that crew to prove their were other crews more than capable of gaining and keeping cms that aren't in the running.

all those people havnt raced in a LONG TIME cept for rach..and thats it, i dont see what your trying to prove, if that crew actually tried to go for top crew, they would prolly own

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OK So who is gonna getit now. triniboi 9 2,088 07-27-2005, 01:02 PM
Last Post: domesticabus
  well its gonna be a hour or so theevster 8 2,057 06-28-2005, 01:34 PM
Last Post: wanthonator

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon