Facebook      

Poll: Should the way Top Crew is decided be changed?
Yeah it's fine, always been this way why change it?
Top Crew is currently about who can make the most helper crews and has nothing to do with who is actually the best, change it.
Who cares, stop rocking the boat.
[Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Been there done that, gonna do it again.

I just dont see a point in making the competitions, or "ladders" in MC. that's all.
either way, i will play both MC and TS, i may not like a few of the things about the games, but i will have to deal with it or quit! :oTongue Big Grin
[Image: steamby4.th.gif]

Why is this a big deal? Anyone can win top crew...get 2-3 people to make a helper crew and race your ass off..the reason there is no competion for top crew is because people arent willing to put the effort to get CM's...CM's is what makes you win and crew wins are just little...crew wins pull you later on..CM's will pull you in the beginning and give you confidence..most crews giveup after they see a crew already on the standings

its not the crew wins whats making it with no competion..if you want to change something...do it with the CM's...

and there has been competion in the past with this way...
Poonklag vs NSX is the latest..thats where both crews were neck and neck..so competion isnt impossible..dynasty wins because they know they need to gain CM's in the first day and other crews slack off

and thats what i think... Tongue
All I need is One Mic.

crew wins = $25k per
crew wins = higher sponsorship rating
higher sponsorship rating = more money from said cms
the current top crews have an artificially inflated ratio and sponsorship rating meaning there is no competition.

What part of this is so hard to understand? The top crew in MC would very likely be a very good crew anyways, I never once said they weren't. All I am saying is you shouldn't be able to plan a win by artificially inflating your stats.

I see your point but with MC right now. If you wanted to play it this way, it wouldnt be hard to compete. You can have 20 cms and still be able to give crew wins off. Yeah, I see how its a stupid way that the helper crews can give 100 wins but what else can they do? Take out the whole crew wins and base it on CM's? Either way, the Vets like Dynasty will still win. There isnt much people out there who are willing to put in the time to sit at a computer for 7 hrs *looks at panda* and race for CMs. That is where most crews wont do well at. What is your suggestion to fixing the crew battle thing?

CM's is 70% of what makes the crew wins and crew wins are 30% to me...Getting 1 helper crew and racing and getting alot of CMs is what it takes to win..its pretty easy but not many people are up for it..
All I need is One Mic.

My suggestion is to run a ladder style team tournament.

This is from an email I sent Ray about it:

I think the simplest solution would be a TS style ladder system for crew battles. Have say 48 entries total, run them as 8 team brackets like the pro outlaw and FORCE the top crew to prove they are actually the best crew and not the best planners.

I assume this would take some work but you already have the code in TS and it is a matter of porting it over. You could change the pts system to a cash system. So with 8 teams in a tournament at $25k entry fee gives you $200k to play with. You could break it down to say nothing for a loss in round one (why charge just to refund it) $25k for a loss in round 2, $50k for a loss in the final and $100k to the winner. This style would allow EVERYONE a chance.

only reason why dynasty wins=cuz no 1 else that is good enuf tries

This would only make it so crews like Dynasty would rely more on CMS so they can work and more CBR..and the other crews would have the crew wins but they wouldn't have the CMs...in MC..you will only see 2 crews competing if that for 1st place...the time where there are 4 crews competing is over...

With your way, everyone would have a chance at it, but no one wpi;d join if they are slower because a loss on your crew record affects your CBR on game stats alot. It would have to be a 4 crew bracket if it wanted to run frequent. CMs and experience would overpower most of the people are competing except 1 or 2 crews. This way wouldnt work very well because I can see people not joining them.
Good luck on the idea though
All I need is One Mic.

look ta back in the day there were what 3-5 crew going for the top spot but now theres only 2
does that tell you something?
like maybe its time some SOME change
[Image: club.gif]

GODthurisnoother Wrote:look ta back in the day there were what 3-5 crew going for the top spot but now theres only 2
does that tell you something?
like maybe its time some SOME change

Alot of people that played back then dont play anymore. A change might be good if it can change things but what do you want? If you want to stop the vets owning the game, you would have to do something with the CMs. Crew wins isnt going to stop them.
All I need is One Mic.

The point is this would be the ONLY way to race, if you wanted to compete you would HAVE to enter. If they were short entries it would be as simple as running the way real races do, with byes handed out on a random basis. Run the tournies every hour as long as there is a minimum of 4 crews entered.

And if Dynasty still won because they were better at cms, and had better higher level racers and worked better...... That is my point EXACTLY Then they deserve the win, because they were the best, not because they planned better. If you don't enter the tournaments you don't get any crew status so why have a crew at all. See where I am going with this Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OK So who is gonna getit now. triniboi 9 2,088 07-27-2005, 01:02 PM
Last Post: domesticabus
  well its gonna be a hour or so theevster 8 2,057 06-28-2005, 01:34 PM
Last Post: wanthonator

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon