Facebook      

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hacked

yeah...well find that mofo and give him a swift kick in the arse :/
Leader of The ORIGINAL
_DyNaStY_
Top25: 4 (Feb 2008) | TopCrew: 1

Quote:Someone hacked me 30 seconds before the end of the session brought me online racing, then I was hit 4 times, went from 2nd place to 4th, this is [censored] up :| :mad:

Bullshit! You never got hacked! You know for a fact that you gave out your password. MC's system is pretty damn near unhackable, so I find it pretty [censored] hard to believe that you got your [censored] hacked..

Uh huh...cause you know all.
When I Fall Asleep You're All That I See, I Wish I Could Be All That You Mean To Me, My Angel Without Wings Smile

Rakim I love you <3

Quote:Uh huh...cause you know all.

:/...ok enough...all we know is that vette got scammed out of 2nd place...
Leader of The ORIGINAL
_DyNaStY_
Top25: 4 (Feb 2008) | TopCrew: 1

Anything is hackable

thought maybe I would chime in on this post. Not anything is hackable. If something is connected to any device that is connected to the internet than it can be hacked. Now Im not slandering CI or anything like that. It is very possible for there cluster of dedicated servers to be hacked. If im not mistaken it has happend in the past. Now many things can be done to prevent this. Such as running a very well tuned APF and BFD. For those of you who dont know what those are. They are a firewall and Brute Force detection suite. THat will stop most basic attempts. Others such as php injection can be done in any enviroment that is utilizing the php scripting language. Most of the injection can be prevented by running mod_security. For those of you who dont know what that is. It allows you to make rules for the server to follow no matter what someone or some thing tells it too. MySQL and PHP are so full of exploits. Trust me im in the buisness of dealing with this [censored] all the time. Those are some basic steps to take. But I do not believe there servers were hacked. I dont think someone would hack a server just to change one thing. Hell if I hacked CI servers i have a little more fun. But thats just me. Ohh I have not and never will attempt to do that so dont give me any of that crap. Why do most of the people say hey my account got hacked. I would say 99% of the time the account was not hacked. You yourself comprimised your account the minute you shared your password with someone. Yes I can imagine it blows major nutsack to have had that happen to you. I feel bad for you. But some things are brought on themselves. Never share your password with anyone. Change it regurarly. Also do not share the email account that is attached to your game account either. Sorry for the long paragraph I did not feel like making seperate paragraphs.

Bunny! Well said..
And i like that you use periods Tongue As some people dont do.

And yes. Why would someone go in to CI's servers and change 1 thing only? Nah I dont think so. You lost your place couse either you shared your password with someone or you have downloaded a backdoor to your computer.

So dont blame CI / MC for this.. I highly dubt that they got hacked just to get you down from your placing..

my 2 cents
Big Grin

wouldnt it be easier to hack vette's computer. n get his pass that way???
still pimpin,.

someone had his passowrd plain and simple, nothing else matters
REBORN!!!!!!!!
REBORN!!!!!!!!
Mecca_boy your my inspiration *booya*

Knowing someones email address is just like knowing their password... Confusedmirk:

If its yahoo, hotmail, aol, any of that crap a simple brute force script will have that password in no time. The Brute Force script i made can try about 5,000 combinations every 5 minutes...

and like bunneh said, the servers are pretty vunerable, most of that information isnt even encrypted, if you could get a login for the ftp you'd be set.
"maynard found jesus"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  quit bitchin about how you got hacked...... smurfzapper 27 6,679 04-26-2005, 07:05 PM
Last Post: admedlin

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon