Facebook      

Poll: Should the way Top Crew is decided be changed?
Yeah it's fine, always been this way why change it?
Top Crew is currently about who can make the most helper crews and has nothing to do with who is actually the best, change it.
Who cares, stop rocking the boat.
[Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Been there done that, gonna do it again.

yeah I tend to ramble sorry for that.

Ok this is the way I envision solving the problem and how it will help.

Current top crew is decided by cbr and ratio right? You can artificially inflate both by ONLY racing helper crews. Your cbr goes up because of both the wins, and the increased sponsorship rating meaning that the cms you have make you more per credit worked. So a crew that gets lots of wins from helpers will win over a crew that does not even if they have EXACTLY the same number of cms for the following reasons:

More cbr won in crew battles
More cbr made from those cms because they have a higher sponsorship ratio.
The rating in the Top Crew is based on their win/loss and their cbr, so not taking any losses obviously impacts your standing in the top ten.

Solution.

Have crew tournaments. You do NOT send crew challenges to other crews. You go to the crew battle page and enter your crew in the tournament for that hour.

The crews that enter are broken down into 8 crew chunks by the server and set up in a ladder style tournament. If 8 crews are not entered for the hour then some of the crews get a bye to the second round randomly I guess would be the fairest way to do that.

The crews then run through the tournament much like the NIRAs in TS and real drag racing, with the payoff for winning each round being in cbr rather than points. The winner of the tournament itself would get the most obviously.

This handles the problem effectively because you can no longer pick and choose your wins. You MUST actually tune your crew car and you MUST actually race whoever you happen to come up against.

The best part of this set up is the advantage now goes to the crew that is actually the best. The ones that know how to get and keep cms, the ones that race hard and up their levels will win. There isn't anyway that anyone OTHER than the best crew could win. The only change that would have to be made is the number of races a crew ran would need to be added to the equation I think, so that you couldn't win a few early and ride that success all session.

lol JDM I was typing as you were, my last line solves the one win situation. Smile

Messages In This Thread
Been there done that, gonna do it again. - by calder12 - 12-16-2005, 06:30 PM
Been there done that, gonna do it again. - by hot - 12-17-2005, 08:46 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OK So who is gonna getit now. triniboi 9 2,088 07-27-2005, 01:02 PM
Last Post: domesticabus
  well its gonna be a hour or so theevster 8 2,057 06-28-2005, 01:34 PM
Last Post: wanthonator

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon