Facebook      

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scheduled races

We spoke with some of the old school MC players today and one suggestion that was brought up is reverting the racing aspect of MC back to scheduled racing where races happened every X minutes, rather than instantly.

The purpose is to prevent players from spam racing and keep more players online.

We'd like your thoughts on this. Please share your input!

Thanks!

I don't think that's a good idea Cres. That would mean less racing and more difficult to level-up. That would put off most people rather than keeping more people online longer. Just my 2 cents.

Btw, some people are put-off getting online in the first place as the slower cars will get spam when online with faster cars who wants more experience. The only way maybe for this to work is for the option of accepting or declining races while online but no restriction when offline and in a car ie you can get spammed when offline but not when you are online. Now that would definitely encourage people to be online most of the time..:-)

Admin Wrote:We spoke with some of the old school MC players today and one suggestion that was brought up is reverting the racing aspect of MC back to scheduled racing where races happened every X minutes, rather than instantly.

The purpose is to prevent players from spam racing and keep more players online.

We'd like your thoughts on this. Please share your input!

Thanks!

This would work if it went back to accept/decline races, every 2 minutes, and EXP was lowered to account for the lack of racing. But offline races were kept so you could get quick (albeit lower) EXP. But you might need to bring back being able to sell your car, otherwise people would get pissed.

Ok, well look in to that suggestion. Thanks!

As for scheduled races making levelling slower, we'd adjust the exp per race and required exp per level to accommodate that.

http://www.midnitechallenge.com/forums/s...php?t=6772

http://www.midnitechallenge.com/forums/s...php?t=6941

you added "goals". now change the races and cars/parts

teet Wrote:http://www.midnitechallenge.com/forums/s...php?t=6772

http://www.midnitechallenge.com/forums/s...php?t=6941

you added "goals". now change the races and cars/parts

I was reading your posts but slept halfway through....sorry Justin! Anyway, from what I managed to read, some of the things has been implemented by Cres. Agree, the cars/parts obtainable should be made available to those with lower level by either purchasing or by some sort of competition.

But I dont agree with the option of selling your current car. Then everyone are just gonna stay out after racing to maintain their ratio. Only do that if we can accept/decline races.

MatBond Wrote:I was reading your posts but slept halfway through....sorry Justin! Anyway, from what I managed to read, some of the things has been implemented by Cres. Agree, the cars/parts obtainable should be made available to those with lower level by either purchasing or by some sort of competition.

But I dont agree with the option of selling your current car. Then everyone are just gonna stay out after racing to maintain their ratio. Only do that if we can accept/decline races.

so you saw that my ideas were being implemented, but decided to stop reading? funny

teet Wrote:so you saw that my ideas were being implemented, but decided to stop reading? funny

Nah man...the posts were too long...and it was kinda late at night....bu I managed to read the whole thing and agree with the ideas...why so serious dude? U got to chill and play mc again maybe :-)

still multi issues. not wasting time or money until its taken more serious

I loved to accept a race and wait till that time hits and click refresh to see money or that sweet car in the bank. Thats when the sleeper crews would come out Big Grin the good times.
[Image: Midori_Fairy_by_buttonnose.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Races won bug. cmartin 2 1,055 05-04-2010, 05:48 PM
Last Post: Big_Bang
  Races Etter24 12 2,443 09-07-2009, 07:39 PM
Last Post: dnb_Fueld
  Scheduled Maintenance 01-19-2007 2pm PST Admin 0 924 01-18-2008, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Admin
  Declining Races Bug - Fixed! Admin 1 955 12-11-2007, 02:33 PM
Last Post: krazyman06
  Bring Back 1st 2nd 3rd place and double races TheBoss 3 1,438 08-27-2007, 11:06 PM
Last Post: modogg85
  Sending Races CountryBoy 3 1,100 05-06-2007, 09:18 PM
Last Post: TheJMan
  Winning races....still not gaining model happiness. EricSSU 5 1,823 02-04-2006, 11:05 PM
Last Post: GODthurisnoother
  Looking for same skill races 8o8-waddles 3 1,475 12-18-2005, 12:21 PM
Last Post: mSzura
  Accepting Races M_O_B_B_S_T_E_R 6 1,656 12-09-2005, 07:58 AM
Last Post: PANDAhumpnMONKEY
  No EXP gain for races lost??? A_n_i_M_a_L_ 13 2,944 10-05-2005, 04:13 PM
Last Post: sirhuckalot

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon