Facebook      

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In game moderators

Ok... Working on implementing in-game mods. What I'd like at this point is what you all think an in-game moderator should have as privileges. Should an in-game mod be able to ban a user on the spot? Mark a user as a potential cheater? Should an in-game mod be highlighted in some way so other users know they're an in-game mod? etc, etc...

Open to ideas.

sign me up i would love to be a part of this !!
____SPIDERMAN____

I think they should be able to mark them so they can be watched by other mods and then be ban if needed , and yes i think that in game mods do need to be different so other players know that they are on .
____SPIDERMAN____

They should be able to ban on the spot. You aren't around very much and if they couldn't ban then th cheater would still be able to play whilst the mods waited to get in contact with yourself if not this then atleast be able to disable an account temporarily until you are able to get on. Choose the mods carefully though you wouldn't want somebody abusing the power to help themselves or their friends in game. As for lookin different from other players, why not have their name highlighted in bold black so they stand out from others. I personally think that mods shouldn't be able to play for icons/prizes they should just be there to help improve the community and clamp down on multis/cheaters (I.e. goku)

Special ign color for sure, blue Wink really though, as far as ban, i think it should have to be a majority decision or like a 2-3 person counsel. say there are 3 mods then 2 out of 3 have to agree on ban/suspension. We could do a mark as possible cheater for someone with IP and server access like kao to actually look more into it, but kao would need to be on more than once a round if people cant at least suspend.

My last option would be have 1 master mod who can be the only one who can actually ban/suspend and give 2-3 lower rank mods who do the suggestions and basically form a "counsel".

last but not least, kao, you have to be easier to get in touch with dude and for the love of god, be careful with who you give this privileged to. I obviously think me and ang would be great for it. I think I have done more for this game than any player and I can always use a hot asian in case i have any math issues.

i aint your slave :confused:

thats your bfs job <3 Rolleyes
[SIZE="5"]#1 most icons in game.[/SIZE] CoolWink:redface:Big Grin

I am retired ... long live SILENCE

[SIZE="5"]My Sluts
[/SIZE]

Black_Metal
Monte_Man
joedaslutter
Pandera !!!!

[Image: laker.gif]
[Image: 49175.png] [Image: 49175-3199.gif]

Getting harassed? Have a cheat or bug to report? Have ideas to help the game. Feel free to contact me

jeremy brown says
im gay i like men

I agree with justin. For this to work dear, the moderators appointed have to be able to contact you somehow. Instead of just posting in the forums and we all end up playing the waiting game.

I also agree with a 2 out of 3 vote but i say a 3 out 4 vote. The 4th vote should go to the current active players. Players should have a say in whats going on and input. In order for things to be kept in order, everyone has to be happy.
Lets say there are 2 votes on each side .. The mediator will be yourself. We will present you with facts and arguments on both sides and you end up being the final decision maker.
Gives all in fairness to the players and to the game. More of a democratic balance of power.
Ofcourse at the end of the day you will have the final say.

In game moderators from top of my head should be able to do a few things. Ban users, Suspend, and handicap an account for abuse of tos(user rating).
Common in game panels such as being able to change player names, crews, profiles, ratings, a warning level % on profile, having the ability to lock/log people out of there accs due to botting/scripting.
Also to have a panel log .. meaning. If a moderator does something he/she has to be able to write who,what,where,when and why this certain action was done.

So that way if you arent around for most of the time, you can just browse through the logs and see what youve missed. Good example for that is customer related posts such as. Im missing icons, Im missing creds, Somethings wrong with my account, Theres a bug, I got hacked, so on and so on.

Instead of the moderators constantly bugging you to fix these things, you can take a look at the log and if anything needs to be done or have any questions about any issues. You can contact the moderators through msn.

Also to encourage more players to actually play and stay. Have a in game moderator be able to start up random events like a pop quiz, a contest , a race, or a goal by this time limit. Within the game itself and the forums.
It will encourage players to stay online instead of what this game has become. I remembered when i first started this game. Even when we were out of credits ... everyone would be online just chatting, building relations, playing games together, conversing and actually having fun.

While now its not quite like that.

When people have a chance to win prizes randomly. They are more encouraged to spend more time and money within this game and community.
When i mean prizes. It could be like a few days extension of membys/or memby for a few days and creds in small increments ofcourse.
Similar to how we started contests on the forums when i was a moderator. It encouraged players to talk and be active within the game and community.

Reward players for helping others and while punishing those who keep abusing the system.

But hey this is just my opinion. There are also others in this community with great ideas to help this game. If i think of more i will post it.

[SIZE="5"]My Sluts
[/SIZE]

Black_Metal
Monte_Man
joedaslutter
Pandera !!!!

Getting harassed? Have a cheat or bug to report? Have ideas to help the game. Feel free to contact me

jeremy brown says
im gay i like men

CamCressi Wrote:There's no way for me to take top HI if he's still playing the game. I could have taken top HI last round, but he came out of nowhere and took it from me. Why doesn't Admin just ban him after there are proves that he cheats?

theres no way you can win top hi if i play seriously. Just sayin. :redface:

[SIZE="5"]My Sluts
[/SIZE]

Black_Metal
Monte_Man
joedaslutter
Pandera !!!!

jeremy brown says
im gay i like men

Do not give them power. They should be able to flag, report, investigate.

See things like IP addresses, log times etc to see patterns and identify multi's, scripts etc. Give them full access and send you a report to review for final judgement.

I say this because Kao, do you trust people you've never met with your business? I have seen it before and it doesn't work out. In the end the people here have played, they have developed opinions of current players and bias thoughts will be present. Regardless of what they say. Votes can be swayed. Even you likely have some bias opinions on people here.

There is simply not enough of a player base to warrant a full mod team with powers. Even if it's for "customer service".

For the record Ange, if I actually played with even a membership I would win top HI without spending a dime Wink lol
When I Fall Asleep You're All That I See, I Wish I Could Be All That You Mean To Me, My Angel Without Wings Smile

Rakim I love you <3

monteman Wrote:For the record Ange, if I actually played with even a membership I would win top HI without spending a dime Wink lol

let's ignore his post, he is obviously drunk. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Game status messed up has 2 of the sessions 2gether NYPD 1 1,459 10-14-2019, 10:40 PM
Last Post: racerr
  Cres When does the New game start NYPD 0 1,456 08-13-2018, 02:52 PM
Last Post: NYPD
  Game Start o_O_MIDORI_O_o 3 2,672 08-28-2016, 03:20 PM
Last Post: rebekahdo11
  I cant get the game! Jarrod Cheel 1 1,879 04-11-2015, 08:55 AM
Last Post: svtfox91
  Game Update 11-03-2014 Admin 0 1,506 11-02-2014, 08:25 PM
Last Post: Admin
  Game Start Daggermouth 1 1,921 06-24-2013, 05:58 AM
Last Post: racerr
  Game.Ending.Top.Crew racerr 4 2,914 05-13-2013, 11:31 AM