Facebook      

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In game moderators

ya it is a business and I'm sure (hope) kao knows who wont go over board or abuse it. we will see i guess.

Okay I know I haven't played in ages (and can't see when anymore because apparently no one won this game before 2011... nice that winners page >.>) but am I the only one that thinks this entire idea is fucking nuts?

Players with the ability to ban other players... even players with the ability to vote to ban other players is ludicrous and you all know it. The problem with games like this isn't the cheaters as much as it is the creators not doing anything to minimize the effect of cheating. I know that isn't going to be a popular opinion but most of you know it's true. I've won this game, all aspects of it, I've won TopShift too on more than one occasion for both so even though I don't know the current games I do know the premise and I know how Crescent and Raymond think (who is Kao? I could have sworn Cres was his first name?... getting old) or at least how they used to think and it's always been more reactionary than proactive.

You can't be reactionary about cheaters because by the time you do something the damage is done. In game mods is still reactionary but it's a dumb way of doing it.

Does anyone remember Raymond private messaging people in game to see if they were bots? I'm sure Jason does roflmao... you do remember that right Jason? Wink

Now I am well aware there will always be cheaters no matter what you do, and that people is the fact that everyone is overlooking. They will always exist the goal is to MINIMIZE their impact to the point where they're no longer relevant or the advantage isn't worth the hassle of doing it.

So what is the answer? Simple. Ask the players what they feel the biggest problems are with cheaters and how they benefit from doing what they're doing. Then sit down and go over each problem one by one analysing the game mechanic that allows it to be an advantage and adjust the mechanic accordingly. Don't give me any shit about too much work or changing the game too much, if the plan really is to take this to Facebook then this needs to be solved before that or MC will become another piece of crap also ran on that platform. I've seen the old source code to MC and I know that Crescent is good enough to implement the changes necessary if he's given the right direction.

Stop reacting to the problems, fix them. I've been around this game since 2004 and that is a direction I've yet to see tried.

In game mods... forget this idea before you start it, it's a bad one and I can't believe I am the first person to actually notice.

I said they weren't needed as well Rick lol.

I miss my auto reply scripter haha. 100 random phrases. Best part was actually being there to see people's reactions haha.
When I Fall Asleep You're All That I See, I Wish I Could Be All That You Mean To Me, My Angel Without Wings Smile

Rakim I love you <3

calder12 Wrote:who is Kao?

His name is Crescent Kao. I just call him Kao bc I'm use to everyone calling me by my last name, Teet.

calder12 Wrote:In game mods... forget this idea before you start it, it's a bad one and I can't believe I am the first person to actually notice.
You're not. If there were any questions about the absurdity of the idea, this thread should easily serve to dispel them.

calder12 Wrote:Okay I know I haven't played in ages (and can't see when anymore because apparently no one won this game before 2011... nice that winners page >.>) but am I the only one that thinks this entire idea is fucking nuts?

Players with the ability to ban other players... even players with the ability to vote to ban other players is ludicrous and you all know it. The problem with games like this isn't the cheaters as much as it is the creators not doing anything to minimize the effect of cheating. I know that isn't going to be a popular opinion but most of you know it's true. I've won this game, all aspects of it, I've won TopShift too on more than one occasion for both so even though I don't know the current games I do know the premise and I know how Crescent and Raymond think (who is Kao? I could have sworn Cres was his first name?... getting old) or at least how they used to think and it's always been more reactionary than proactive.

You can't be reactionary about cheaters because by the time you do something the damage is done. In game mods is still reactionary but it's a dumb way of doing it.

Does anyone remember Raymond private messaging people in game to see if they were bots? I'm sure Jason does roflmao... you do remember that right Jason? Wink

Now I am well aware there will always be cheaters no matter what you do, and that people is the fact that everyone is overlooking. They will always exist the goal is to MINIMIZE their impact to the point where they're no longer relevant or the advantage isn't worth the hassle of doing it.

So what is the answer? Simple. Ask the players what they feel the biggest problems are with cheaters and how they benefit from doing what they're doing. Then sit down and go over each problem one by one analysing the game mechanic that allows it to be an advantage and adjust the mechanic accordingly. Don't give me any shit about too much work or changing the game too much, if the plan really is to take this to Facebook then this needs to be solved before that or MC will become another piece of crap also ran on that platform. I've seen the old source code to MC and I know that Crescent is good enough to implement the changes necessary if he's given the right direction.

Stop reacting to the problems, fix them. I've been around this game since 2004 and that is a direction I've yet to see tried.

In game mods... forget this idea before you start it, it's a bad one and I can't believe I am the first person to actually notice.

Cres, listen to the man. If you implement the in-game-moderators idea, you will surely regret it.

Quote:I know how Crescent and Raymond think (who is Kao? I could have sworn Cres was his first name?
Crescent Kao is his full name, Rick. lol

Either way. Game moderators or not. Something needs to be done about the major cheaters.
[SIZE="5"]#1 most icons in game.[/SIZE] CoolWink:redface:Big Grin

I am retired ... long live SILENCE

[SIZE="5"]My Sluts
[/SIZE]

Black_Metal
Monte_Man
joedaslutter
Pandera !!!!

[Image: laker.gif]
[Image: 49175.png] [Image: 49175-3199.gif]

Getting harassed? Have a cheat or bug to report? Have ideas to help the game. Feel free to contact me

jeremy brown says
im gay i like men

Thanks for the responses guys. The idea of having in game mods isn't to give them ultimate power or to have the ability to influence the outcome of the game. The idea is to spot obvious or potential cheaters/multi's so that appropriate action can then be taken.

At this point, I'm thinking of only having 2-3 in game mods (not just anyone or everyone), that can flag potential cheater/multi accounts. Then those accounts can then be looked into by me and appropriate action taken.

I also agree with calder. I'd like to restructure the game itself so that it is not (or less) beneficial to cheat and/or create multi accounts in the first place. Can you guys tell me what the main purpose of doing so (specifically what aspects of the game, ie: racing, gaining exp, HI'ing, etc etc) is and what your ideas are to make it not (or less) worth while to do so?

Thanks!

Ahh I was wondering why people were calling you by your last name... but then they do it to me too Wink

I'm glad to hear you didn't take my comments personally Cres, you always were reasonable. I unfortunately haven't played in forever and honestly never bothered with multis when I did so I am of no use answering the questions you're posing, but for the sake of the game I really do hope people chime in with legitimate answers.

Randy!!! Man I was just thinking about you the other day! I figured you were one of those people that I'd lost touch with permanently and it made me sad. If you have Skype hit me up, rcalder67, I'd say PM me here but I have 1200+/50 personal messages... lol

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Game status messed up has 2 of the sessions 2gether NYPD 1 1,459 10-14-2019, 10:40 PM
Last Post: racerr
  Cres When does the New game start NYPD 0 1,456 08-13-2018, 02:52 PM
Last Post: NYPD
  Game Start o_O_MIDORI_O_o 3 2,672 08-28-2016, 03:20 PM
Last Post: rebekahdo11
  I cant get the game! Jarrod Cheel 1 1,879 04-11-2015, 08:55 AM
Last Post: svtfox91
  Game Update 11-03-2014 Admin 0 1,506 11-02-2014, 08:25 PM
Last Post: Admin
  Game Start Daggermouth 1 1,921 06-24-2013, 05:58 AM
Last Post: racerr
  Game.Ending.Top.Crew racerr 4 2,914 05-13-2013, 11:31 AM