Facebook      

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Okay someone explain something to me please?

Prohibit Wrote:Life isn't fair sometimes. Rolleyes

Lol....and youve experienced the bonus how many times?

I however have seen both sides, along with many others, but still can say I think its a unfair advantage. Spend a full session racing your ass off and you'll see what I am talking about
:ok:

Confusedpam:... Its what's for dinner.

IGN: TheCheater

Calder Sucks

im so out of touch but why would top crew get an experience multiplier?
no wonder theres no fucking crew competition
Orgasm Donor

He_Hate_Me Wrote:Lol....and youve experienced the bonus how many times?

I however have seen both sides, along with many others, but still can say I think its a unfair advantage. Spend a full session racing your ass off and you'll see what I am talking about

I agree that it's unfair, I've seen both sides of it and you can see the results by looking at the races won over the last 3 sessions. It took me 11k races to reach 56 only having the multiplier for less than a 1000 of those, the other two sessions I reached 56 and now 57 with just over 8000 races. And actually in all 3 sessions I have had enough for 58.

The thing is though the multiplier DOES promote spending, and after all agree or not this is a business. Therefore something that promotes spending is a good thing. However I still feel that balancing out the multiplier as I suggested keeps everyone in the mix and would actually promote more spending. A win win situation for the players and the owners.

ps. 2x is no where near 2x especially at lower levels. The higher you get the closer it gets but it still never reaches a full 2x. Probably maxes somewhere around 1.7ish

He_Hate_Me Wrote:Lol....and youve experienced the bonus how many times?

I'm pretty sure I don't have to race a round to understand what a multiplier is, but I will say that I understand why you think it's unfair. I'm just not one to complain about it. Not that there is anything wrong with you doing that. It's just not me.
- Raymond Hernbrode | [b]CarDomain[/b][SIZE=3][SIZE=1] | "[email protected]"[/SIZE][/SIZE] :thumbs:
I am not afraid of death, I just don't want to be there when it happens.

All I know is this game is DEAD. Majority of new MC players don't want to put in the effort into knowing how to play this game well because the "vets" control this game. People at the top just want to rack up icons w/o competition. Plus like everyone said before...MC became a "game" where whoever is willing to drop the most money will win. I and anyone else that understand this game could guarantee a top crew win with 5 other new comers if they are willing to drop at least 50 dollars. Have enough money to take and hold first the first couple of days and just race all your credits everyday. And then everyone in the crew drop 20 dollars the last day and BAM you got it in the bag. Oh yeah and get a "helper" crew to give you a couple of wins the first 3 hours of the game and your set.

And truthfully the majority of my medals were pretty much given to me. The only ones I can truthfully say I worked my butt off is one of the Top Crew medal, Top 10, and winning the game once. Got my Top 10 when I first came back and Top Crew medal and 1st the 2nd month. 2 Top Crew medals I was in a crew with a decent amount of prize credits and spenders. My theft is from that 2 day session and the 3 top 25 came from HI'ing up there. I feel like if I go for another medal it isn't "earned" but more so knowing the right people at the right time.
I'm top crew material....I CAN SPAM RACES!!!!
:3gears:

IGN: B_I_G_B_A_N_G

Big_Bang Wrote:All I know is this game is DEAD. Majority of new MC players don't want to put in the effort into knowing how to play this game well because the "vets" control this game. People at the top just want to rack up icons w/o competition. Plus like everyone said before...MC became a "game" where whoever is willing to drop the most money will win. I and anyone else that understand this game could guarantee a top crew win with 5 other new comers if they are willing to drop at least 50 dollars. Have enough money to take and hold first the first couple of days and just race all your credits everyday. And then everyone in the crew drop 20 dollars the last day and BAM you got it in the bag. Oh yeah and get a "helper" crew to give you a couple of wins the first 3 hours of the game and your set.

And truthfully the majority of my medals were pretty much given to me. The only ones I can truthfully say I worked my butt off is one of the Top Crew medal, Top 10, and winning the game once. Got my Top 10 when I first came back and Top Crew medal and 1st the 2nd month. 2 Top Crew medals I was in a crew with a decent amount of prize credits and spenders. My theft is from that 2 day session and the 3 top 25 came from HI'ing up there. I feel like if I go for another medal it isn't "earned" but more so knowing the right people at the right time.

Good Post

Prohibit - I wasnt tryin to come off like a smart ass or anything. Im just saying your a new player (I think..?) and it will take you a lil to realize how everything runs.

I agree with calder on the spending part, but wouldnt removing all bonuses in a sense promote MORE spending? People would be closer in level, so maybe not. But I kinda feel like adding bonuses would be the same as just taking them out. Keep everyone equal....at least for a few sessions and see what happens
:ok:

Confusedpam:... Its what's for dinner.

IGN: TheCheater

Calder Sucks

why not a bonus for 2nd and maybe 3rd placed crews aswell? That would promote competition, probably promote more spending and guarantee that 3 crews would be in with a chance to win rather than 1.

Etc.

1st place crew receives 125%
2nd place crew receives 75%
3rd place crew receives 50%

I don't know something staggered like that, but at least they aren't getting hammered by a 2x ratio.

sharpie Wrote:why not a bonus for 2nd and maybe 3rd placed crews aswell? That would promote competition, probably promote more spending and guarantee that 3 crews would be in with a chance to win rather than 1.

Etc.

1st place crew receives 125%
2nd place crew receives 75%
3rd place crew receives 50%

I don't know something staggered like that, but at least they aren't getting hammered by a 2x ratio.

That's pretty original... >.< it's usually a good idea to actually read a thread you're responding to though lol Wink

He_Hate_Me Wrote:Good Post

Prohibit - I wasnt tryin to come off like a smart ass or anything. Im just saying your a new player (I think..?) and it will take you a lil to realize how everything runs.

I agree with calder on the spending part, but wouldnt removing all bonuses in a sense promote MORE spending? People would be closer in level, so maybe not. But I kinda feel like adding bonuses would be the same as just taking them out. Keep everyone equal....at least for a few sessions and see what happens

Sorry for the double post.

@Hehateme
Yeah I guess it would relate to the same in game, but I went under the assumption that the addition of the bonus upped spending, therefore the removal of it would drop spending again that's all.

I think if it were laid out the way I mentioned then it wouldn't be as big an advantage but still one people were willing to spend a few bucks here and there to get.

@big bang
I'm sorry I just never understood the whole "the game is all about spending now" bullshit excuse. Sorry but the game was ALWAYS about spending. If you could afford to spend and couldn't win one of two things happened 1. you're an idiot and should take up tiddly winks for your strategy gaming 2. somebody else out spent you.

And the I can spam races thing.... oh yeah much less talented than I can spend countless hours online waiting for someone that probably isn't there to accept a race...

I thought we were through with this comparing the old way to the new way? NEITHER took any talent, one takes the ability to click a mouse repeatedly the other took a lot of time and... wait for it... the ability to click a mouse O.o Stop with the I quit because the game is easy crap, if it's easier the vets should own it easier than they once did and not bitch about change >.< It just gets so tiring listening to the same tired excuses for why people don't compete.

Sorry, that does sound like it but it really isn't a flame. It's just a lame excuse I hear too often. The game is about making money, it's no harder to compete now than before, I don't spend nearly $50 a session, in fact last session I only spent at the end to take the heat off Paul...

calder12 Wrote:It's actually my understanding that when the bugs are worked out of TS that MC is next on the list. They did this before, put a lot of time and effort into changing up MC and didn't bother with TS.

To be honest I think we should be thankful they do it like that, it allows them to focus on one thing at a time instead of trying to put out fires on both games at the same time.

I think everyone that knows how the game works is impressed with Young Guns. The one thing I'd like to see though is rather than them splitting and going their separate ways because top teams recruit them, stay together and prove themselves. Yeah the prize credits are nearly impossible to overcome, but people come and go, one person decides to take a break from the crew and it really only takes one racer with a deep wallet or prize creds to put them over the top.

In fact aren't they a racer shy of the max anyways?

I was in Young_Guns, then I logged on the other day and I was no longer a member. I didnt get booted so im guessing my little brother got on my account and kicked me out. All great guys and hopefully I can join them again next session.

My personal thoughts on everything that has been said is, until Ray and Crew actually post here saying they will give MC an overhaul, I dont believe that anything in here will get read. Which sucks because everyone who has posted in here has great ideas.

Also, I HATE the fact that the 1st place and top crew get more exp, thats COMPLETE FUCKING BULLSHIT! :thumbsdown: Seriously! Why the fuck do the best players in the game get an EVEN better advantage than everyone else? And the whole top crew thing, its fucking stupid! How many fucking top crew medals does Dyna have, along with every other vet? I really tried hard to race this session but I did start late and I work and go to school so I dont have much time but the time I do have I try to place as much as I can. When I log on and see that everyone in my crew (young_guns) is really working their ass off and still getting no where, its VERY discouraging because there is NO way in fucking hell we could of caught up to ACID unless we dropped some dolllllllazzzz. And the whole racing thing, SUCKS! Repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, its soooo annoying and there is no way to catch up to Calder (who said he got to lvl 56 in 2 days, which is fucking amazing might i add, props!).

I DO agree with Rom30 though, 4 man crews, redo the way cms work and stuff.

/end rant.
Poop.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can someone explain "Keen"??? Victorious 13 2,840 04-07-2008, 01:33 PM
Last Post: TheJMan
  Can someone please explain my 2nd place in WWIII?????????? OneHotBitch 45 8,383 03-26-2006, 09:36 PM
Last Post: eRazorzEDGE

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon