Facebook      

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hockey as a sport

to start its own thread, here it goes. I think that hockey as a sport is dead in the USA. It is big in canada, with most of the players coming from there no doubt. But the NHL as a league is bout to go under cause of fan support.

imo, hockey sucks

yay for america :x

football
basketball
baseball
Big Grin

modogg85 Wrote:to start its own thread, here it goes. I think that hockey as a sport is dead in the USA. It is big in canada, with most of the players coming from there no doubt. But the NHL as a league is bout to go under cause of fan support.

well most of the reason is becuase some of the team in the western cofnrence have eastern time zone so why not move them into the east so when their on the road u dont gotta stay uyp till 1 am to watch them play
mecca :postwhore:

I wouldn't say it is "dead" everywhere in the US, but in about 40% of it's cities it sure is. Some of them couldn't care less, I know when I was in Dallas nobody cared at all, same with Anaheim, San Jose, Los Angeles, Tampa Bay, Carolina, Atlanta and many others. Some places that do love it are New York, Chicago, Detroit, New Jersey, Boston, Phili, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, and Washington. People just don't like it as much as we do in Canada, but who cares? Nobody likes Cricket here but it's played everywhere, same as soccer really. As long as we watch what we like and the teams are getting by, excellent Big Grin
EAT A PUNCH JUST TO MAKE YOU TAP
BJJ-Purple Belt
Resident Engineer, Geologist, Genius

skogey10 Wrote:I wouldn't say it is "dead" everywhere in the US, but in about 40% of it's cities it sure is. Some of them couldn't care less, I know when I was in Dallas nobody cared at all, same with Anaheim, San Jose, Los Angeles, Tampa Bay, Carolina, Atlanta and many others. Some places that do love it are New York, Chicago, Detroit, New Jersey, Boston, Phili, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, and Washington. People just don't like it as much as we do in Canada, but who cares? Nobody likes Cricket here but it's played everywhere, same as soccer really. As long as we watch what we like and the teams are getting by, excellent Big Grin

funny how one of the best teams in the USA have no support but they have big name players lol

the point was that the support over all has been lost. This is causing the NHL to lose money and on the verge of bankruptcy from what I have heard

Ummm, no.
EAT A PUNCH JUST TO MAKE YOU TAP
BJJ-Purple Belt
Resident Engineer, Geologist, Genius

modogg85 Wrote:the point was that the support over all has been lost. This is causing the NHL to lose money and on the verge of bankruptcy from what I have heard

no team is on bankrubcy i tihnk he was trying to say that enstead o f getitng sold out crouds like some of the team that means that their not brinigng the same amount of whick means they cannot get the top players but hey top players do not win the cup now do they

<3 hockey.
Three-Oh-Three
Jess owns u.

<< hates hockey.. :?
Really Tho.. This Thing Your Reading Is Just My Sig..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  hockey mecca_boy 4 1,101 05-17-2009, 07:36 AM
Last Post: mecca_boy

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon