Facebook      

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Camcorder.

I ended up returning the canon just now.

It was a p.o.s. in my opinion atleast that model. The panasonic I had for the time being was super sweet and by far 10million times better then the canon, but still no night vision.

I ended up picking up a digi camera though for the time being and once I receive my tax return I'll be going in for the camcorder.

In that price range there wasn't much available as far as Night Vision goes, but it got narrowed down to a Sony Camcoder, but I didn't bring it home because the digi cam. seemed more convinient for the moment. It makes small movies also which is awesome.

btw, calder, What model canon camcorder is it that you are using? so I know what to look for the next time I go in. I jumped the gun a bit and forgot to ask you that and just went ahead and got whatever canon I saw. I'm not afraid to spend the extra cash for quality, I just hate to be dissapointed.

[Image: sd450_586x225.jpg]

Canon PowerShot SD450

It pwns.

ummm damned if I know ex has it now lol, is 2 years old now =/ was $1100 with the accessories then think the camera was $800 of that Z something or other but damned if I can remember the exact model number

whats your budget when u go to buy the camera? i can help you out with picking a nice one. this is one area im good at film and photography. but once u get it i'll file share you some of my editing software. save u a fee thousand bucks.butwhat i have is this http://www.infinitiphoto.com/viewitem.ph...ag=froogle

the price for it has gone down alot. when i first got it two years ago it was like 650. and i got it at bestbuy. but best buy don't sell it anymore i think.

this is my goal this year. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?...6380765286

something like that but i dought it cause its so expensive.

I don't have a budget.

I just get the right tool at whatever cost.

I'm not gonna go blow off a couple grand on a camera, but I would if it impressed me.

All I need from the camera is 5 few things.

-Size
-great(opt.) zoom capabilities.
-night vision
-clarity (hdtv clarity, opt.)
-accesorabilities. i.e. memory cards, etc.

That last camera you should is totally crap in my book. Way too big for anything I'd ever do. Sure it's nice. Too big.

That first one though was rather sleek and secksi. I'm digging it.

The camera that I picked up was great.

It had everything that I needed and then some more.

The 7.1 megapixel camera, the sd550, was $100 more then the one I got.

At the moment I don't need the 2000x1000 pictures, Since I don't print much at all.

In all reality the average person doesn't need much more then 4 megapixels, so I just chose 5.

*Oh. I insist on only the best.
He who wants it all, wont. He who gets it all, wont. He who works for it, will. - Nemesio

nemesio209 Wrote:I don't have a budget.

I just get the right tool at whatever cost.

I'm not gonna go blow off a couple grand on a camera, but I would if it impressed me.

All I need from the camera is 5 few things.

-Size
-great(opt.) zoom capabilities.
-night vision
-clarity (hdtv clarity, opt.)
-accesorabilities. i.e. memory cards, etc.

That last camera you should is totally crap in my book. Way too big for anything I'd ever do. Sure it's nice. Too big.

That first one though was rather sleek and secksi. I'm digging it.

The camera that I picked up was great.

It had everything that I needed and then some more.

The 7.1 megapixel camera, the sd550, was $100 more then the one I got.

At the moment I don't need the 2000x1000 pictures, Since I don't print much at all.

In all reality the average person doesn't need much more then 4 megapixels, so I just chose 5.

*Oh. I insist on only the best.

lol yea, the first one i named is the one i got now. its nice its got night shot and super night shot, super steady shot. all kinds of neat things.really nice wide lcd. i haven't used it in a while but it gets great battery life with the normal battery. it was the most exp one they had in the serious at that time. but now they got better ones but they look different. if u want sleek and small but not have to cut back on performace, get what i have there really nice.

That first one is impressing me by far, it'll be definatly something I'll be looking towards to.

I further researched the availabilties in the Sony camcorder, and how I said before, I only insist on the best.

Can you do me a favor?

What I'm looking at is the Sony DCR-HC96 MiniDV Handycam® Camcorder
Top of the line, top model in it's category at the moment.

You showed me the DCR-HC42? I believe.

What I ask is if you can do me the favor by researching the newer hc-96 and basically pointing out the new features it has over the hc-42. In all it'll help me out in deciding if it's worth it or not. i.e. longer battery, clearer shots, better zoom, etc. etc.

If not, I'll just pick one up like the one you have. I'll take your word for it that it's a good camera.

This will probably the only time I ever listen to you, but i'll trust you on the fact you know your stuff in this area, so help me out if you want.
He who wants it all, wont. He who gets it all, wont. He who works for it, will. - Nemesio

nemesio209 Wrote:That first one is impressing me by far, it'll be definatly something I'll be looking towards to.

I further researched the availabilties in the Sony camcorder, and how I said before, I only insist on the best.

Can you do me a favor?

What I'm looking at is the Sony DCR-HC96 MiniDV Handycam® Camcorder
Top of the line, top model in it's category at the moment.

You showed me the DCR-HC42? I believe.

What I ask is if you can do me the favor by researching the newer hc-96 and basically pointing out the new features it has over the hc-42. In all it'll help me out in deciding if it's worth it or not. i.e. longer battery, clearer shots, better zoom, etc. etc.

If not, I'll just pick one up like the one you have. I'll take your word for it that it's a good camera.

This will probably the only time I ever listen to you, but i'll trust you on the fact you know your stuff in this area, so help me out if you want.

llol yea ive taken college classes on video editing and things like that durning the summer. and i've taken photo 1 2 3 4 and advance placement photography i can develop my own pics do what ever i basicly want. im also very good at photoshop and 3d software like rhino 3d.

ok

ur camera has alot more pixels CCD Pixel Count Gross Video 3,310,000
CCD Pixel Count Gross Still 3,310,000 mine:CCD Pixel Count Gross Video 1,070,000
CCD Pixel Count Gross Still 1,070,000

urs offers two types of still media Still Media Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro
mine only one Still Media Memory Stick Duo

here are some other specs

urs:35mm Focal Distance Minimum 42.80
35mm Focal Distance Max 495.00
fstop Min
fstop Max dosen't even list your fstop so im not sure u can change urs

mine:35mm Focal Distance Minimum 43.60
35mm Focal Distance Max 523.00
fstop Min 1.80
fstop Max 2.50

urs:Minimum Lux 5.00
Special Night Modes Super NightShot
Optical Zoom 10
Digital Zoom 120

mine:Minimum Lux 7.00
Special Night Modes NightShot Plus
Optical Zoom 12
Digital Zoom 480

mine has alot more zoom then yours even though it don't say mine has super night shot it does.

urs:Firewire yes
USB yes
SVideo In yes
SVideo Out yes
Composite In yes
Composite Out yes
Microphone In yes
Microphone Out no

mine:Firewire yes
USB yes
SVideo In no
SVideo Out no
Composite In yes
Composite Out yes
Microphone In yes
Microphone Out no

besides that its all the same stuff.

so really all urs beats mine on is pixels for better quality video. mine has more zoom. and there both carl zeiss serious so. if you got the money to spend go get urs for 800. but its not that much different then mine. which u can probably get for maybe around 300 if u look around. i would just get mine cause its 500 dollar cheapier and the only difference is the pixels so its up to u

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon