Facebook      

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kindle 2

I'm well aware that not all people enjoy reading, but for those that do...

Has anyone else though about purchasing one? In this case, preordering one.

I placed my order last night, and scheduled to be delivered March 3rd... Didn't know if anyone here has a K1, or has looked at the new ones...

Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust curious.

linkage: http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Amazons-Wir...d_i=507846
[SIZE="1"]Message me in game if you need any help. Name Victorious.[/SIZE]

its fancy looking ..and more then likly hitting our shores in about 5 years time lol
One Of Midnites Forum Mod Team......Black__Metal ™©

omg that thing seems awesome Smile ... damn that would save me lugging my books around...
winter's own

It's a good thing, pricey but worth it for me.

would you be able to give me your opinion on it once you've had it for a while... it seems awesome, but im not sure if it would be good on the eyes...

I used to read online books but would give me headaches because of the bright screen lol
winter's own

winterfell Wrote:would you be able to give me your opinion on it once you've had it for a while... it seems awesome, but im not sure if it would be good on the eyes...

I used to read online books but would give me headaches because of the bright screen lol

That's the beauty of it, they use an eInk technology. It's not backlit, and requires a book light if you want to read it in low light. (They sell one that works better then any other book light, specially made for the kindle.)

It reads, and looks exactly like ink on a paper, just like in a paperback novel. Pages turn in an instant...It's really pretty incredible

bahaha i want one now... i just need to find out how to get one in australia haha... or if it's out in australia anytime soon Tongue
winter's own

winterfell Wrote:bahaha i want one now... i just need to find out how to get one in australia haha... or if it's out in australia anytime soon Tongue

That should be something you could email to Amazon about.

You could order one, obviously. I'm just not sure if WhisperNet is supported down in AU. WhisperNet is the free satellite internet used to download books, in about 60 seconds.

You'd have to buy them on Amazon and sync them manually, but maybe WN is down there.

The entire device is quite impressive.

cheers man, i appreciate your knowledge on this. I'll check with amazon about the availability of the device for Australia.

but that's when i have the means to get one Tongue
winter's own

Victorious Wrote:I'm well aware that not all people enjoy reading, but for those that do...

Has anyone else though about purchasing one? In this case, preordering one.

I placed my order last night, and scheduled to be delivered March 3rd... Didn't know if anyone here has a K1, or has looked at the new ones...

Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust curious.

linkage: http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Amazons-Wir...d_i=507846

0o0o0o0o0o0o I want one. I am going to have extra time on my hands soon, this could be quite useful. I never could get into online books, I love my paperbacks, on a hammock in the backyard, or hiding out in my office, but this looks much more convenient...
Sometimes ur tha dogg, sometimes ur tha hydrant...

http://www.myspace.com/jdoggy_ya_know

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon